تابعي الاثر

الاثنين، فبراير 14، 2011

Ron Francis





''I was born in Sydney, Australia in 1954.
My earliest memory relating to art, is drawing huge Disney characters on my bedroom wall, and in retrospect, I'm surprised and grateful that my parents allowed me do it.

I settled in Melbourne in 1974 where I took up my vocation with fervor and began painting full time and improving what skills I had.
By 1980 I was represented in the first of several exhibitions.
In the following years I became interested in involving the viewer more directly in my paintings. I realized that there was a direct mathematical correlation between a viewpoint and the objects in a painting which eventually led to my developing formulas for application with perspective, and also computer software to accommodate them.

In 1988 I began working in affiliation with Fresco Site Specific Art, painting trompe l'oeil murals. It was an easy transition because my interest in perspective was directly applicable to trompe l'oeil.
Painting them with oils was too expensive, so I began using acrylic paint and an airbrush.

I moved to South Australia in 1991, where I now live with my wife and child, and continue to paint a mixture of oil paintings and trompe l'oeil.

I have never had any formal training and acquired most of my knowledge from observation, experimentation and trial and error, as well as studying books about perspective, light and mathematics.

I approached learning to paint with one main aim; to refine my technique enough to be able to create a realistic representation of anything that I may imagine or dream.''


Ron Francis


also here





 




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق